Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Master Bedroom Makeover

Ivan and I purchased our home in 2011. We absolutely loved what the previous owners had done as they had flipped a once sad looking home into a modern yet traditional home. The personal touches and detail they put into refinishing the home were immaculate. When we moved in, we wanted to personalize our house to make it feel more like us. Of course, Ivan and I work full time and don't have access to unlimited funds so we have been taking our time with personalizing each room. Most recently we re-did our master bedroom. Below are pictures that were listed on MLS, then when we first moved in, and after we completed our project. I hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, feel free to comment and I will try my best to help if you need any advice.
MLS listing

Our first bedroom project was an industrial shelf made from iron pipes. We wanted an industrial  to hang clothes in our room.

We tried a map on the back wall, but it just didn't fit our personalities. I think this map would be great for an office or a kids room, just not a master bed room. I began thinking to myself... what else could we do?

Then I saw this stencil online! I loved loved loved it! I thought the blue contrasted beautifully against a white wall and looked modern, yet elegant. 

So we tore down the map!

We are still finalizing bedding, but we found a similar stencil as the one I found online and we dedicated an entire afternoon to our wall. It took FOREVER, but we are both really excited about the final outcome. Once I get our bedding perfect, I will post the final photos which will include our shelving unit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment