Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Overview of Our Home in Charleston

I have a tendency to start a project, complete the project and then continuously look for similar projects to complete next. I can go years without feeling creative or wanting to start a project but once I start, I feel as if I cannot stop. With being furloughed at work, I have had more time to tend to the house, but less money to work with. I have tried to do creative things that are either cheap or free but will enhance the look of each room.
 Our House :) 

Our Living Room
Wall: We recently re-painted the picture frames from gold, white, and black to black, white and blue
Coffee Table: Purchased on Etsy from Mounthoodworks for a great deal
Leather Chairs: Hand me down from Mom, and those pillows? $10/each at World Market


My Office/Studio (where all my food photography is shot)
Leather Couch: Purchased from Craigslist
Pendant Light: Home madel materials purchased at Lowes
Elephant: Gift from Ivan



 Guest Bedroom
In the past few months 


Our Bedroom 
Wall Shelf: Ivan made an industrial shelf with materials purchased at Lowes. He stained the wood and painted the metal. Total cost was about $100.
Wall Stencil: We purchased a stencil from Cutting Edge Designs ($50) and paint ($15) and painted over our white walls.


I will post more photos as I continue to work on projects around the house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment